Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday weigh in

One of the habits I picked up through my journey was to have a weigh in day. When I started the Biggest Loser contest at work, Monday was when we weighed in. The contest ended August 2010, but I kept with the habit of having an official weigh in day.

Whatever I weigh on Monday is what my weight is through out the week. I still weigh myself everyday, but it would be a huge emotional roller coaster (or a bigger one anyways) if I went day by day.

I have also kept up the spreadsheet that I started during the contest. It has my weekly weight from the past year or so. It is interesting to see the ups and downs that I have had. It even calculates how far I have to go to reach my goal as well. (Yes I can be extremely organized at times)

Unfortunately this mornings weigh in was not what I expected. I have hit the dreaded plateau. My weight loss had been consistent the past weeks, so I knew it was bound to happen. It is frustrating to hit these spots and not know what to do to get past it. A tip that I read was to change up your routine. If you are doing the same thing day in and day out your body gets used to it. So make a small change; try a new class or change up the equipment that you use for your work out. Even a change in your meals could help kick start the weight loss again.

Looks like I will be changing my routine once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment