Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Goal For The Rest Of The Year...

I am afraid to say this out loud for the fact that usually when I set my mind to something, I HAVE to do it. Well I am about  to throw the gauntlet down for my personal goal... Losing the rest of this weight BY THE END OF THE YEAR.

There. I said it.

I have had so many great moments, set backs and everything in between the last 2.5 years. I still can't believe it has been that long since I started this journey. I am seeing the light at the end of this long tunnel and I am antsy to get there. I don't want to go into 3 years. I sounds pouty, but I am so close. Less than 50 lbs. now.

The idea is to really keep that goal in mind. I set that one aside for the half marathon goal that I gave myself last year. That is all I thought about for over 7 months. Now I am ready for the next ultimate goal... my goal weight. I know I will be able to accomplish so much more once I really focus shedding the pounds and getting healthy.

My plan: Cardio and toning. I need to keep the cardio (running) going to burn those calories. I also need the weight lifting to build muscle. My fear of not lifting weights is that the pounds that I do lose will be muscle and not fat. If that happens, the excess skin that I do have will be even worse. I am already self conscious about that now! Also, having more muscle burns more calories in the long run. You look healthy on the outside as well as being healthy on the inside.

Keeping calories in check is the second part of my plan. This summer is filled with events and parties with all sorts of drinks and tasty treats. MODERATION is the key to the success of this plan. I can have my fun, but keep in mind what I am putting into my body.

So there we go, a goal is set with a plan. I just have to keep focused and know that I can succeed at this. I have always been stubborn and I hope that stubbornness shows in the next 6 months.

Keeping my head up and knowing I am a fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment