Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's okay... no tears this year

My 2nd annual Christmas party was last night. We had blast singing Christmas carols, eating Christmas cookies and getting cozy by the "fireplace". It was pretty epic if I do say so myself.

After last year's Christmas party I had a little bit of a melt down. I had gained 3 lbs. over the weekend. I bawled my eyes out and then proceeded to walk 3 miles on the track that day. I started this weekend with... whatever happens, happens. I had "healthier" food this time and I was more aware of what I was eating, but I let myself have fun and not stress.

I woke up this morning feeling good and not stressed. I weighed myself and of course I gained. Am I happy? no. Am I going to cry about it? no. I accept it and move on. It is something that I have told myself time and time again. I have finally gotten it. I may not be perfect all the time and may still have my melts downs but, I know it won't last.

I am here to fight and am going to come out a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment