Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On the other hand...

I have still been struggling with the number on the scale. I lose and gain the same weight every week it seems. I am getting really frustrated with it and am not sure what to do about it.

On the other hand...

On a whim today, I decided to try my size 14 jeans on. I purchased these a month ago to get "prepared" to drop another size. I am happy to report that I can get them on and zipped (!!!).

Looking at both sides, I should be very happy that I am obviously still losing inches. I know I talk about this in every other post but: I need to NOT focus on the number on the scale so much. It is really hard not too, but I need to try harder.

Side note: I went to the High School track today for the first time this season. I wanted to see how long it took me to do a mile. At the end of last summer, I was doing about an 18 minute mile (jogging off and on) and was so happy with that. This year I did my mile in 14:11 minutes! I can even run a little over half the track without stopping. I don't ever remember a time that I could do that!

So as usually I am feeling a roller coaster of emotions. Down because of the scale and up because of the pants. If anyone ever says that a weight loss journey is only physical and not about emotions... they lie.

Keep your head up!

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful Holly! You know, any weight gain is probably muscle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I hope it is just muscle. I am getting better at focusing on other changes and staying positive. Always.

      Delete