Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Focus on the Fitness...

My new motto at this stage of the journey is Focus on the Fitness. I keep repeating these words when I get frustrated with the number on the scale.

This week I was stuck again on THAT number... that dreaded number that I HATE seeing on the scale these days. At this point in time I do not care if I only lose one pound next week. I do NOT want to see that number again.
End of rant...   :D

I had some pretty great work outs this week and have switched things up a bit. I did go to the track on Tuesday, even though it was well into the 90's outside, it was worth it. I wogged my mile in 14 minutes and 6 seconds. (ow! ow!) I felt great afterwards and got to come home to a nice cool apartment. (I left the a/c on for the day as a special treat)

It hasn't been all about the work outs this week, I needed to "focus on the food" as well. My small victory of the day yesterday was setting aside my mini can of diet soda. I decided I didn't need it in the afternoon and drank more water to get prepared for the heat outside. I know there are no calories in a diet soda, but as I focused on the fitness, I realized the water was more important.

This week for breakfast I have been  having my normal coffee and switching between toast and peanut butter and egg sandwiches. I have also been eating low calorie lasagna that I had made weeks ago and froze for future lunches. Dinner has been Texas caviar (salsa) with different items from potatoes to tortilla chips. Lots of  fruit and popcorn involved here as well for snacks. I am doing the best I can with what I have in the house. I wasn't able to get groceries last week, so not a whole lot of fresh food around here.

So all in all I am trying not to focus so much on the weight but to focus on my lifestyle.




No comments:

Post a Comment