Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SMILE... you are on the elliptical...

It felt so good to get back to the gym. I haven't stepped foot in it since last Wednesday. I was visiting my family during a 4 day weekend. I didn't do a whole lot of exercising, but we were running around a lot.

I am still stuck at my weight and haven't really stuck to the "only weigh in once a week" deal that I made myself. Yeah, I am calling myself out on that one. I have asked some advice from a few friends on the best way to start running and how to keep it going. I have been doing really well and am up to 3 blocks strait without stopping. I am really hoping this will start my weight loss again.

Fun story from the gym: I was on the elliptical tonight, i-pod plugged in and just a going. One of my favorite songs came up and pushed me to go faster. I was smiling and lip sinking to the words. (yeah I am one of "those people" at the gym). The woman next to me looks at me and just shakes her head and starts to laugh.

Hey, if you can't have fun while you are working out... what is the point?!

No comments:

Post a Comment