Monday, February 18, 2013

Butterflies and Glitter...

 My friend Amy reminded me of this line recently. I had forgotten about my pep talk and telling her that after going to the gym it is like "freaking butterflies and glitter." I love that feeling when I am done with a good workout and I know I worked my ass off. It may be hard work while doing it (running 9.5 miles!) and some negative thoughts get through, but at the end of the day... quitting is not an option.

Positivity will get you through it. If I can't muster up the motivation I need... I know I have plenty of people in my life to step up to the plate and help me on my way.

Story: Running 9 miles the other week was hard. I got to a point where I said "I can't run anymore." My friend Jamie was running by and all she had to say was "okay, don't give up.". Don't give up. Give up? Not gonna happen. I did a lot of running off and on, but guess what? I finished. The whole point of this journey is finishing, whither I am running across that finish line or crawlin across... I got this.

Side Note: This isn't just about the 1/2 marathon, this is about my entire journey. Running or crawlin... I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment