Thursday, September 6, 2012

Still running... 1 week to go!

The morning running just didn't get me. It was way too early to be up and about, but was nice to be done for the day. I gave it a try and will do it again if I don't have the time after work. Since the weather was cooler tonight, I ran after work!

A good friend of mine told me that to prepare for a a race you should run longer than the race is going to be. He mentioned doing 4 miles or more... yikes! Not so much tonight, but longer than the 3.1 the race will be. I will call it good for now!

I was getting bored with only going to the gym once a week and doing running the rest. I need to find a happy medium. Still train, but still get my variety. Tuesday I did my dvd and Wednesday I got my fitness on at the gym. I loved it and even lost weight! Which is exciting bc the past few weeks has been losing and then gaining... frustrating as we all know.

The people at the gym I go to are AMAZING. It was 1 year ago that I started going to the gym for the first time in years. I had previously been made fun of and laughed at at another gym. I was so insecure and afraid the same thing would happen. However, the people I have met have been so supportive. They had nothing but encouragement for me and still do. Between the advice, tips and honest to goodness support, it is a great place to go after work. They have been cheering me on for this race and I hope I won't let them down!

Stay positive and keep on keeping on!

Stories from the gym:
 I also went to the gym last night with mismatched socks! That is how I roll I guess... unintentionally. ALSO! I have seen someone else lip syncing and dancing on the treadmill...yes! I am not the only one. If you can't have fun at the gym... where can you have fun?!

2 comments:

  1. Beth and I will be there next Saturday to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumor has it I get a gym membership with Gundersen, I'm thinking I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete