Monday, January 14, 2019

Starting Over Sucks... But it's On

Schedules are made, recipes are picked out and flashy new leggings have arrived... I think I am ready!

Things have changed so  much since I initially started this journey. That is a good thing! However, it keeps me guessing about how to find that right combination again. I need to remember that there was a TON of trial and error at the beginning and that will continue... forever! 

Food planning is extremely important. I am a self admitted food addict. I stress eat, depressed eat, excited eat and everything in between. While working from home I have learned that I absolutely can't keep food in the house that I can binge on. It is sad I can't trust myself, but at least I am honest with myself about it. My goal is to have an 80/20 diet. 80% healthy choices and 20% of stepping out. I feel like the 20% takes the pressure off and keeps me from feeling like I did something wrong, feeling shame or disappointment with myself. 

The exercise is on point and planned out! I made a legit training/workout schedule for the upcoming half marathons. I run on Monday, Wednesdays and Saturdays. I will then do my cross training of Camp Gladiator on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is definitely more intense training schedule than I have ever done, but I am hoping that it will help me reach goals with weight loss and the half marathon. This Thursday I also signed up for a webinar on "not your average runners" training for a half marathon. I am hoping to learn some tips and tricks! Half of the training and getting the mental mindset is doing your homework and reading up on others that may inspire you. I feel like I am setting a successful path... a hard path... but successful!

Last weekend was my first distance run in a while. 5 miles of hill running. I don't know what I was thinking going to that park, but I guess I decided I needed MORE of a challenge. Over all things felt good. I ran the majority of it and did it in a decent time. The only bummer of the run was puking my guts out after. That seems to have started early this time! I am currently reading up on how to prevent this. Once I find that right combination of hydration and food, I will do another post specifically on that. I can't be the only one with this issue right? …. well hopefully not! 

So there is the update after my first week of getting back to it. I couldn't wait to do this post and that makes me very happy. I hope this helps someone out there... you aren't alone! 

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment