Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It Has Been A Few Days (or weeks!)

I kind of dropped off the face of the earth there for a bit. No real excuse besides the fact I haven't felt too motivated as of late and also a small issue of a hacker. No biggie... I am back!

Biggest thing that has happened in the past few weeks has been the training and then completing the 10 mile Monster Dash in St. Paul. It was the biggest run I have ever done (over 16,00 people) and it was (wait for it...) AMAZING. I finished in 2 hours and 10 minutes, which was 5 minutes faster than I had anticipated. It just felt good. Plain and simple.
My aunt was there supporting me 100%. I didn't have anyone else at the run, but felt the support from miles away!



Fun side note: I did not get sick! :)



Another factor of this run: It was the 3rd one I did in 3 weeks!!! :) I have had a blast running 5k and 5 mile runs with my friends. It is such a great way for us to get together and have fun running... and a chance to go out for breakfast!

A little motivation I created recently:



What do you think??! It turned out pretty great and I can't wait to fill those squares up. Every number has the date and time. It is something I can look at with pride and be inspired to add another one.


So there it is. Those are pretty much the biggest adventures I have had in the past weeks.

Update on total weight loss goal: Still no lbs. lost, which is frustrating to be so close, yet so far away. I am back more so at the gym, but still keeping my running up. I am exercising and eating right. Still not sure what I am doing wrong at this point.

On a positive note, I fit even better into my size 10's. I have to take what I can at this point. New scale or not, those numbers are just not what I want. Especially with the holidays coming. I am so ready to be at the finally goal and get on with the new adventures... but it is a process I need to take it stride unfortunately.


Here is to another week and hopefully more blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment